Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/28 23:40:54 UTC

[m2] how do I specify the name of an assembly when there are several?

I want to append "-${env}" to each of my assembly tar files. Here is what I
have so far:

                <plugin>
                    <version>2.2-beta-1</version>
                    <configuration>
                        <descriptors>
                            <descriptor>src/assemble/assembly-
descriptor-c2.xml</descriptor>
                            <descriptor>src/assemble/assembly-
descriptor-utilities.xml</descriptor>
                        </descriptors>
                    </configuration>
                </plugin>

But how am I going to add

<finalName>final_name</finalName>

so that each one has the correct name?

Mick Knutson

http://www.baselogic.com
http://www.blincmagazine.com
http://www.djmick.com
http://www.myspace.com/mickknutson
http://www.myspace.com/BLiNCMagazine
http://tahoe.baselogic.com
---

Re: [m2] how do I specify the name of an assembly when there are several?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 28, 2007 3:40 PM, Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to append "-${env}" to each of my assembly tar files. Here is what I
> have so far:
>
>                 <plugin>
>                     <artifactId>maven-assembly-plugin</artifactId>
>                     <version>2.2-beta-1</version>
>                     <configuration>
>                         <descriptors>
>                             <descriptor>src/assemble/assembly-
> descriptor-c2.xml</descriptor>
>                             <descriptor>src/assemble/assembly-
> descriptor-utilities.xml</descriptor>
>                         </descriptors>
>                     </configuration>
>                 </plugin>

It's hard to tell without seeing the relevant bits of the assembly
descriptors or knowing what ${env} is supposed to be.

What are you getting as filenames now, and what do you want instead?

In general, the <id> of the assembly descriptor gets appended to the
filename (and used as the classifier).
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/assembly.html

--
Wendy