Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "André Warnier (tomcat)" <aw...@ice-sa.com> on 2016/05/03 00:01:38 UTC

Re: Tomcat connection reset

On 02.05.2016 22:10, Gokulnath wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Getting frequent connection reset from the oracle db, there is no firewall or issue with the db.

- that last item may be a bit premature
- connection reset by whom ?
- where exactly do you see this ? (in what logfile.. ?)
- can you post the exact message(s) ?

> The connect resets and unable to connect when for the foray few attempts and then connection but stable with intermittent resets.

The above phrase, as it stands, is almost impossible to understand. Can you retry
explaining this ? preferably with some real example.

> Please let me know if anyone has seen a similar issue.
>
> I have seen earlier posts for connection resets and the validation query from select dual is not helping either.
>
> Running tomcat 6 with sun jdk 6 on rhel 6.7.

Precise Tomcat version (6.y.z) would be more helpful.
Configuration details of whatever is being used to connect to the Oracle db also.

[...]

General remark :
With a description as vague as the one you provide above, not many people would be able to
help.  The piece of code which ultimately makes the connection to the Oracle DB, is likely
to be an Oracle driver. As per a lot of guesswork - unavoidable due to the paucity of
details in your post - if a "connection reset" happens, it is likely to be in the course
of executing that code. And it is also likely to be due to some network issues, or issues
with the Oracle db server.