Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk> on 2007/02/21 09:21:45 UTC

Re: [Axis2] Move nustUnderstand check into a handler

Wait wait .. not yet!

David, you can just have another handler that goes before the built-in
MU handler that flags any headers you want to allow thru without causing
grief. Wouldn't that do the trick?

Sanjiva.

Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.

Re: [Axis2] Move nustUnderstand check into a handler

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Doh! Yep thats what I meant.

Paul

On 3/8/07, Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> wrote:
> Paul Fremantle wrote:
> > * it must fault if there are mustUnderstand headers targeted at its roles
>
> MU headers that it doesn't actually understand, you mean. :)
>
> --G

Paul Fremantle

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle
paul@wso2.com

Re: [Axis2] Move nustUnderstand check into a handler

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Jeremy

I think maybe you've misread the spec.

Basically the relay attribute is a red-herring in this case, because I
for one have never seen a relay header. The model is actually
reasonably simple (excluding the relay attribute for the minute):
* headers that are not explicitly marked with a role default to be
targeted at the ultimateReceiver
* nodes should understand which roles they are playing. Any node must
always play the role of next.
* any node may process and remove any headers targeted at its roles
* it must fault if there are mustUnderstand headers targeted at its roles

Actual relaying is a further complexity but I think that is
irrelevant. The behaviour required in the previous note-chain is
exactly that provided by defining roles as I've described and as the
SOAP spec describes.

Paul

Suppose Axis2 is acting as a

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi guys ...

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
Paul Fremantle wrote:
> Cool! I'd love to implement this in Synapse too. Basically have a way
> of defining the roles a Synapse node implements.

Yup - you'll just configure that in Synapse and then pass it down to Axis.

--G

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.