Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by uprooter <up...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/13 08:22:22 UTC

Request-response without clock sync

Hello.
I have issue where I can't assure time synchronization between the broker
and the clients.
I'm using request response and all of my messages are lost if the client
time is ahead of the broker time.

What would be the right way of soving this problem if I still want to use
request-response. ?
Can I disable dropping of messages with old timestamps ?
Or let client know that his time is in the future and he has to manipulate
timestamps ?
Why is this timestamps required anyway ?

Many thanks

Re: Request-response without clock sync

Posted by uprooter <up...@gmail.com>.
Hello and thanks.
TimeStampPlugin seems to be exactly what I'm looking for.
Unfortunately it doesn't work.
I still get messages only when time is synced.

I added the timeStampingBrokerPlugin directive in activemq.xml under
<beans>..
<broker...
<plugins>
<timeStampingBrokerPlugin/>

Do I have to do anything else but that?
How can I track that down ? Is there a way to increase logging for message
expiry?
Also what's wired is that I don't see advisory for expired messages.

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi,

you can try TimeStampPlugin
http://activemq.apache.org/timestampplugin.htmlto solve this problem.
It will update timestamp in your message according to
the time on the broker.

Cheers

Blog - http://www.nighttale.net