Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/01 13:02:23 UTC

Re: [ASFCS40] QA Scrum Meeting Minutes - 09/13/2012

On Sep 30, 2012, at 11:44 PM, Noah Slater wrote:

> Cool, thanks. Raw IRC logs, if you generate them, are fine on the wiki. But
> the purpose of circulating minutes on the mailing list is to "keep the door
> open" so to speak, on what was discussed. We need to be inclusionary, not
> exclusionary.

Hi Noah,

For what it's worth, I don't feel excluded if the IRC logs are on the wiki. The meeting is advertized on the list with the proper caveat that no decisions are made in that meeting, and the link is posted on the list.
The onus is on me to attend the meeting if I want to discuss a particular issue. If I miss the meeting I know where to find the minutes and bring back an issue to the list for official discussion. Checking the wiki is easier than digging through markmail.

Sending the logs to the list would seem to officialize and non-official discussion where no decisions was made. It sounds strange.

Cheers,

-Sebastien

> On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 8:52 PM, Sudha Ponnaganti <
> sudha.ponnaganti@citrix.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the suggestion. Will start posting them on the mailing list.

-Sebastien Goasguen
Cloud Computing Evangelist, Citrix EMEA

Re: [ASFCS40] QA Scrum Meeting Minutes - 09/13/2012

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
(Though, archiving them on the wiki AND sending a copy to the list, with
links to the archives, would be totally fine.)

--
NS

Re: [ASFCS40] QA Scrum Meeting Minutes - 09/13/2012

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
No, it doesn't count as "an inviting." Some people do not use IRC, or
people in different timezones cannot participate. At the ASF we do our
business on the mailing lists. This is a core tenet. Of course it is okay
to talk in person, or on calls, or on IRC. But that business must be
brought to the mailing list or it doesn't count.

This list is very noisy, but I expect that will settle down as we mature
and then incubate. If it doesn't, we can create more lists and separate out
topics. In the mean time, deploy filters to separate out the email. Meeting
minutes are vital for the project, so it should receive priority over other
items.

--
NS

Re: [ASFCS40] QA Scrum Meeting Minutes - 09/13/2012

Posted by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.