Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Josh Kropf <jo...@slashdev.ca> on 2003/01/23 15:15:01 UTC

Axis 1.x and .NET WSE 1.0

Hi All

I am working on a project where my intent is to make a web service that can
be consumed by multiple platforms. I am currently using the latest version
of Axis (1.1beta). My Web Service also attaches files to the SOAP message.

The main non-Java platform I have been playing with is blotBlet... excuse me
:) ... .Net, more specificly, the Microsoft WSE 1.0 which is a subset of the
origional Web Service library that allows SOAP with attachements. When the
WSE 1.0 Web Service client attempts to consume the Axis Web Service, Axis
throws an Exception saying must understand yadda, yadda, yadda. It seems
like .NET WSE 1.0 sends extra SOAP message elements that Axis fails when
parsing.

Has anyone ran into this or knows a work around for this?

Thanks

Josh

Re: Axis 1.x and .NET WSE 1.0

Posted by "BLIS Webmaster (Patrick Houbaux)" <we...@blis-project.org>.
I got it working after reading some documentation :(

Anyway, for those who wants to know the trick is to set the
MustUnderstand to false when consuming the web service with WSE.
Just write (in C#) the following before calling the actual methods of
your service:

            // Creating an instance of the service wrapper
            TestSOAPServiceWse service = new TestSOAPServiceWse();
            service.Url = "http://localhost:8080/axis/services/SOAPTest";

            // setting the "MustUnderstand" to false
            SoapContext context = service.RequestSoapContext;
            context.Path.EncodedMustUnderstand = "false";

            // Consuming the service
            Console.WriteLine(service.testDouble());

Now I can start testing SOAP with attachement in .NET :)  Nice !

Cheers,
Patrick.

Re: Axis 1.x and .NET WSE 1.0

Posted by "BLIS Webmaster (Patrick Houbaux)" <we...@blis-project.org>.