Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Gustafson, Tim" <tj...@meitech.com> on 2004/10/19 14:47:49 UTC

Duplicate Subject Headers

Hello

I'm getting a lot of messages that are actually marked as SPAM, but "appear" to not have the subject header rewritten.  Further investigation reveals that these messages have two subject headers, for example:

From: "Pauline Chang" <vw...@yahoo.com>
Subject: *****SPAM*****
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 11:32:53 -0200

This is causing people's Outlook rules to not recognize the message as SPAM, so the empty-subject message is sitting in their inbox instead of being automatically forwarded to their deleted items folders.  I have told a lot of people to just use the "X-Spam-Flag: YES" header in the mean time, but it seems that this should maybe be fixed, no?

Thanks in advance!

Tim Gustafson
MEI Technology Consulting, Inc
tjg@meitech.com
(516) 379-0001 Office
(516) 480-1870 Mobile/Emergencies
(516) 908-4185 Fax
http://www.meitech.com/

Re: Duplicate Subject Headers

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
> I'm getting a lot of messages that are actually marked as SPAM, but
"appear" to not have the subject header rewritten.  Further investigation
reveals that these messages have two subject headers, for example:

> From: "Pauline Chang" <vw...@yahoo.com>
> Subject: *****SPAM*****
> Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 11:32:53 -0200

Someone reported this a few days ago by opening a bug and pasting part of a
message into the bug, rather than *attaching* a complete mail message.  The
dev's were unable to duplicate the problem from the message snippit.

If you can grab a complete message showing this problem and *attach* it to a
bug report, I'm sure people would be happy.

        Loren

Re: Duplicate Subject Headers

Posted by Marco Supino <ma...@sd.com>.
This happends with the spamass-milter, and its a known bug, no fix yet,
are you using this milter ?

Marco.