Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "vishwanath ramachandran@honeywell.com" <vi...@honeywell.com> on 2009/10/26 07:24:48 UTC

Revisions checkout

Hi there

We have a repository which has 15 folders and around 8803 revisions. The
repository size is 15 Gb.When we do a full check out by Tortoise svn or
via command line, only one folder and its contents are checked out. The
other folders are not.

But when I check out each folder separately, it works fine. Are there
any restrictions for check out? Could you suggest me in this regards?

Regards

R.R.Vishwanath

Desk: +91 80 26588360 Extn: 48555

Cell: +91 9008318114

RE: Revisions checkout

Posted by "vishwanath ramachandran@honeywell.com" <vi...@honeywell.com>.
Hi

Our subversion server is1.4 and my Tortoise svn client 1.6, I did a full
recursive checkout, by choosing head-revision, but still the same result

Regards
R.R.Vishwanath
Desk: +91 80 26588360 Extn: 48555
On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 12:54:48PM +0530, vishwanath
ramachandran@honeywell.com wrote:
> We have a repository which has 15 folders and around 8803 revisions.
The
> repository size is 15 Gb.When we do a full check out by Tortoise svn
or
> via command line, only one folder and its contents are checked out.
The
> other folders are not.
>
> But when I check out each folder separately, it works fine. Are there
> any restrictions for check out? Could you suggest me in this regards?

Sounds like you have a sparse working copy.

tyler

Re: Revisions checkout

Posted by Tyler Roscoe <ty...@cryptio.net>.
On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 08:28:15PM +0530, Ramachandran, Vishwanath(IE10) wrote:
> Could you please let me know to resolve this?

No. Like you, I am busy. Why don't you begin by googling "sparse working
copy" and reporting back on what you find? If you solve the problem,
post back to the list describing how you solved it so others may
benefit.

tyler

RE: Revisions checkout

RE: Revisions checkout

Posted by "vishwanath ramachandran@honeywell.com" <vi...@honeywell.com>.
Its not a sparse working copy, its full recursive

Re: Revisions checkout

Posted by Tyler Roscoe <ty...@cryptio.net>.

Re: Revisions checkout

Posted by Ulrich Eckhardt <ec...@satorlaser.com>.
On Monday 26 October 2009, you wrote:
> We have a repository which has 15 folders and around 8803 revisions. The
> repository size is 15 Gb.When we do a full check out by Tortoise svn or
> via command line, only one folder and its contents are checked out. The
> other folders are not.

If you use 'svn ls $URL', you can see what is inside the repository, TSVN even
includes a nice repository browser for this. Is what you receive from a
checkout actually different from what you see in the repository browser?

If both are the same, the checkout is correct and it is your expectations that
are wrong.

> But when I check out each folder separately, it works fine. Are there
> any restrictions for check out? Could you suggest me in this regards?

I'm not sure if that is your problem here, but I'm sure you can exhaust memory
or disk space by checking out. That said, I would expect an error message
then. Further, the space requirements for checking out and the repository
have nothing to do with each other, one can be both larger and smaller than
the other.

In any case, it would be better is you described the problem with a bit more
detail.

Uli

Sator Laser GmbH

Sator Laser GmbH, Fangdieckstraße 75a, 22547 Hamburg, Deutschland
           Visit our website at <http://www.satorlaser.de/>
Diese E-Mail einschließlich sämtlicher Anhänge ist nur für den Adressaten bestimmt und kann vertrauliche Informationen enthalten. Bitte benachrichtigen Sie den Absender umgehend, falls Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Empfänger sein sollten. Die E-Mail ist in diesem Fall zu löschen und darf weder gelesen, weitergeleitet, veröffentlicht oder anderweitig benutzt werden.
E-Mails können durch Dritte gelesen werden und Viren sowie nichtautorisierte Änderungen enthalten. Sator Laser GmbH ist für diese Folgen nicht verantwortlich.