Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Tomaz Muraus <to...@cloudkick.com> on 2011/05/16 07:42:25 UTC

[Vote]: Libcloud to become a TLP

OK, sorry for the confusion, but apparently I need to open a separate voting
thread so here it is.

Here is also a list of people who have already voted +1 in the proposal
thread which can be found at
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201105.mbox/%3CBANLkTikhycOedN3r9O41OHmgj1HS41DCQA@mail.gmail.com%3E
:

- Paul Querna
- Chris Mattmann
- Joe Schaefer (binding)
- Davanum Srinivas (binding)
- Mohammad Nour El-Din
- Alan D. Cabrera
- Tommaso Teofili (binding)
- Mark Struberg (binding)
- Luciano Resende (binding)

----

Hello all,

Apache Libcloud developers and community thinks we are ready to graduate and
become a top level project.

Libcloud (http://incubator.apache.org/libcloud/) has entered the incubator
in late 2009 and so far we have had multiple releases.

The last version (0.4.2) was released in January. We are currently working
towards 0.5.0 which is planned to be released in the upcoming week. This
release is considered as a big one since it will include multiple new
features (storage & load balancer API), new provider drivers and a lot of
improvements.

We have also built a healthy and a diverse community around our project. So
far we have received (and continue to receive) multiple contributions from
them.

Community voting has passed with ten (10) +1's, zero (0) 0's and zero (0)
-1's. Thread with the results can be found at
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-libcloud/201105.mbox/browser

Our status file can be found at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/site-author/projects/libcloud.xmland
the resolution is included bellow.

<
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-libcloud/201105.mbox/browser

Thanks,
Tomaz

Establish the Apache Libcloud Project

open-source software related to abstracting differences
between cloud providers for distribution at no charge to
the public.

Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Libcloud Project",
Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Libcloud Project be and hereby is
related to software providing a standard interface to the
cloud provider APIs; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Libcloud" be
and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
of the Apache Libcloud Project, and to have primary responsibility
for management of the projects within the scope of
responsibility of the Apache Libcloud Project; and be it further

Apache Libcloud Project:

  * Eric Woods (woodser@apache.org)
  * Jed Smith (jed@apache.org)
  * Jeremiah Orem(oremj@apache.org)
  * Jerry Chen (jerry@apache.org)
  * Roman Bogorodskiy (rbogorodskiy@apache.org)
  * Tom Davis (tom@apache.org)
  * Tomaz Muraus (tomaz@apache.org)
  * Paul Querna (pquerna@apache.org)

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Tomaz Muraus
be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Libcloud, to
serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Libcloud PMC be and hereby is
tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
encourage open development and increased participation in the
Apache Libcloud Project; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Libcloud Project be and hereby
Incubator Libcloud podling; and be it further

Incubator Libcloud podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
Project are hereafter discharged.

Re: [Vote]: Libcloud to become a TLP

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
+1
Alexei Fedotov / Алексей Федотов,
http://dataved.ru/
+7 916 562 8095

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Also mine ;)

<ch...@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Tomaz Muraus
>> be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Libcloud, to
>> serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
>> Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
>> death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
>> or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>>
>> RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Libcloud PMC be and hereby is
>> tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
>> encourage open development and increased participation in the
>> Apache Libcloud Project; and be it further
>>
>> RESOLVED, that the Apache Libcloud Project be and hereby
>> is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>> Incubator Libcloud podling; and be it further
>>
>> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
>> Incubator Libcloud podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator

- Blog: http://tadabborat.blogspot.com
----
- Albert Einstein

than your best."

"Stay hungry, stay foolish."
- Steve Jobs

Re: [Vote]: Libcloud to become a TLP

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Hi Tomaz,

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: [Vote]: Libcloud to become a TLP

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding).

Well done!

-- leif

Re: [Vote]: Libcloud to become a TLP

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
+1

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 7:42 AM, Tomaz Muraus <to...@cloudkick.com> wrote:
> Apache Libcloud developers and community thinks we are ready to graduate and
> become a top level project...

+1 on graduation and proposed board resolution, congrats!
-Bertrand