Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Lucas Holmquist <lh...@redhat.com> on 2013/09/19 21:22:56 UTC

Plugin Generator

I was looking for something to help me create a plugin but i didn't see anything, so i created a yeoman generator:

https://npmjs.org/package/generator-cordova-plugin here is version 0.0.1

Re: Plugin Generator

Posted by Lucas Holmquist <lh...@redhat.com>.
i've sent an initial PR here https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugman/pull/25

Re: Plugin Generator

Posted by Anis KADRI <an...@gmail.com>.
+1 for plugman

Re: Plugin Generator

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.

Re: Plugin Generator

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.
Okay, thanks for clearing that up.

In that case I have a mild preference to just leaving this out of the core
tools and entirely up to the community to solve (such as your generator).
 I think the overall use case is compelling, but I'm not sure I see the
need for cordova team to commit to supporting the API/implementation at the
moment inside the core tools, at least not at this time.

Still, awesome work, I look forward to giving your generator a shot next
time I create a plugin.  It would be even better if it was self contained
and didn't require a special plugman version.

-Michal

Re: Plugin Generator

Posted by Lucas Holmquist <lh...@redhat.com>.

Re: Plugin Generator