Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Michał Letyński <ml...@consol.pl> on 2007/05/29 15:38:48 UTC

[S2] Field is not changed

Hi.
In my action class i have to different String fields(setters and getters
are aplied).
String test1;
String test2;

In my jsp page i have:
<s:property value="test1"/>
and
<s:textfield name="callTextSubject" .....

When i submit the form with some values inside i have in my action those
values which i entered. After some logic i want to clean them up by:
this.test1=""; this.test2="" and then i display this page again(second
action do it -> typ =chain). And what are the results ? The values which
i entered are still there !

Re: [S2] Field is not changed

Posted by Michał Letyński <ml...@consol.pl>.
I have found this:
Chaining interceptor:
The Interceptor will copy the original parameters from the request, and
the ValueStack is passed in to the target Action. The source Action is
remembered by the ValueStack, allowing the target Action to access the
properties of the preceding Action(s) using the ValueStack, and also
makes these properties available to the final result of the chain, such
as the JSP or Velocity page.

Any idea how to workaround this ? I want to update this source original
value stack. In api is something about exludes parameters:
<param name="excludes">callText</param>
but it didnt work. Or maybe it is other way to forward from action to
the other action, I know that there is a redirect but in this case i
will lose my params.

Re: [S2] Field is not changed

Posted by Michał Letyński <ml...@consol.pl>.

Re: [S2] Field is not changed