Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Greg Robinson <gr...@mobileenhanced.com> on 2019/02/19 16:03:10 UTC

Newbie question - Error loading an existing config file

Hello,

We have Solr 7.4 up and running on a Linux machine.

I'm just trying to add a new core so that I can eventually point a Drupal
site to the Solr Server for indexing.

When attempting to add a core, I'm getting the following error:

new_solr_core:
org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:
Could not load conf for core new_solr_core: Error loading solr config from
/home/solr/server/solr/new_solr_core/conf/solrconfig.xml

I've confirmed that
/home/solr/server/solr/new_solr_core/conf/solrconfig.xml exists but I'm
still getting the error.

Any direction is appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Newbie question - Error loading an existing config file

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
I have absolutely no idea when it comes to Drupal, the Drupal folks would be
much better equipped to answer.

Best,
Erick

> On Feb 21, 2019, at 8:16 AM, Greg Robinson <gr...@mobileenhanced.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the feedback.
>
> So here is where I'm at.
>
> I first went ahead and deleted the existing core that was returning the
> error using the following command: bin/solr delete -c new_solr_core
>
> Now when I access the admin panel, there are no errors.
>
> I then referred to the large "warning" box on the CREATE action
> documentation:
>
> "While it’s possible to create a core for a non-existent collection, this
> approach is not supported and not recommended. Always create a collection
> using the *Collections API* before creating a core directly for it."
>
> I then tried to create a collection using the following "Collections API"
> command:
>
> http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/collections?action=CREATE&name=newCollection&numShards=2&replicationFactor=1&wt=xml
>
> This was the response:
>
> <response>
> <lst name="responseHeader">
> <int name="status">400</int>
> <int name="QTime">2</int>
> </lst>
> <lst name="error">
> <lst name="metadata">
> <str name="error-class">org.apache.solr.common.SolrException</str>
> <str name="root-error-class">org.apache.solr.common.SolrException</str>
> </lst>
> <str name="msg">Solr instance is not running in SolrCloud mode.</str>
> <int name="code">400</int>
> </lst>
> </response>
>
> I guess my main question is, do I need to be running in "SolrCloud mode" if
> my intention is to use Solr Server to index a Drupal 7 website? We're
> currently using opensolr.com which is working fine but we're trying to
> avoid the monthly costs associated with their "Shared Solr Cloud" plan.
>
> Thanks!
>

> On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 8:34 PM Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org> wrote:
>
>> On 2/20/2019 11:07 AM, Greg Robinson wrote:
>>> Lets try this: https://imgur.com/a/z5OzbLW
>>>
>>> What I'm trying to do seems pretty straightforward:
>>>
>>> 1. Install Solr Server 7.4 on Linux (Completed)
>>> 2. Connect my Drupal 7 site to the Solr Server and use it for indexing

Posted by Greg Robinson <gr...@mobileenhanced.com>.
Thanks for the feedback.

--
Greg Robinson
CEO - Mobile*Enhanced*

Re: Newbie question - Error loading an existing config file

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.

Posted by Greg Robinson <gr...@mobileenhanced.com>.
Gotcha.

Lets try this: https://imgur.com/a/z5OzbLW

What I'm trying to do seems pretty straightforward:

1. Install Solr Server 7.4 on Linux (Completed)
2. Connect my Drupal 7 site to the Solr Server and use it for indexing
content

My understanding is that I must first create a core in order to connect my
drupal site to Solr Server. This is where I'm currently stuck.

Thanks for your help!

--
Greg Robinson
CEO - Mobile*Enhanced*

Re: Newbie question - Error loading an existing config file

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Greg Robinson <gr...@mobileenhanced.com>.

--
Greg Robinson
CEO - Mobile*Enhanced*

Re: Newbie question - Error loading an existing config file

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Hmmm, that’s not very helpful…..

>>> greg@mobileenhanced.com

Posted by Greg Robinson <gr...@mobileenhanced.com>.

--
Greg Robinson
CEO - Mobile*Enhanced*

Re: Newbie question - Error loading an existing config file

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Greg Robinson <gr...@mobileenhanced.com>.
Hi Erick,

--
Greg Robinson
CEO - Mobile*Enhanced*

Re: Newbie question - Error loading an existing config file

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.