Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Russell Butek <bu...@us.ibm.com> on 2001/10/05 20:41:12 UTC

Imports and Wsdl2java

Right now Wsdl2java doesn't handle the XML import statement.  I'm fixing
that, but I want to present a new Wsdl2java argument to see whether folks
want to discuss it.  Normally Wsdl2java should generate files for ALL
elements from both the immediate file and all imported files.  But I can
imagine cases where a user ONLY wants to generate stuff for the elements in
the immediate file.  So I'll add a new argument:

        -n, --noImports
                only generate code for the immediate WSDL document

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com

Re: Imports and Wsdl2java

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Russell Butek wrote:

> Right now Wsdl2java doesn't handle the XML import statement.  I'm fixing
> that, but I want to present a new Wsdl2java argument to see whether folks
> want to discuss it.  Normally Wsdl2java should generate files for ALL
> elements from both the immediate file and all imported files.  But I can
> imagine cases where a user ONLY wants to generate stuff for the elements in
> the immediate file.  So I'll add a new argument:
>
>         -n, --noImports
>                 only generate code for the immediate WSDL document

+1 It's logical.

Re: Imports and Wsdl2java

Posted by Mark Young <ma...@kamiak.com>.
Is it feasible to make it so that it will only import the elements that
importing wsdl file actually uses (directly and indirectly)?  Maybe you're
importing a huuuuge schema, but you only use one type from it in your
wsdl....  OK, I can see that it wouldn't be simple, because you can have
circular references (complex types that have elements of their own type, and
the like).  But it seems like it would be nice.

Regards,

Mark Young
mark@kamiak.com