Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Deepak Mishra <de...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/16 14:08:30 UTC

Tomcat upgradation from 5.5.20 to 5.5.34

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

We are planning to upgrade tomcat from 5.5.20 to 5.5.34. As I have
never done this up-gradation was wondering if we can directly upgrade
from 5.5.20 to 5.5.34 or we need to go step by step. Also can you
please provide me the link to download the patch, mentioning the
specific s/w to be downloaded. We are using Windows 2003 OS.

Looking forward for your help!!!

Many thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,
Deepak Mishra
+91-8939681817

Re: Tomcat upgradation from 5.5.20 to 5.5.34

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2012/1/16 Deepak Mishra <de...@gmail.com>:
> Dear Sir/Ma'am,
>
> We are planning to upgrade tomcat from 5.5.20 to 5.5.34. As I have
> never done this up-gradation was wondering if we can directly upgrade
> from 5.5.20 to 5.5.34 or we need to go step by step. Also can you
> please provide me the link to download the patch, mentioning the
> specific s/w to be downloaded. We are using Windows 2003 OS.

It depends on how it is installed.

In general:
1. Install the new one (5.5.35, but better 6.x or 7.x)
2. Configure
3. Test
4. Switch to using the new one and uninstall the old.

If you were using separate CATALINA_HOME and CATALINA_BASE the upgrade
(between point releases) were easier. In short it were:
1. Review configuration changes between released Tomcat versions
2. Delete everything from work directory (so that JSPs are properly recompiled)
3. Reconfigure launcher to use different version

Posted by Deepak Mishra <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andre,

We have read about the Eod of life for Apache Tomcat but as per
company standard we need to follow the same.

If you can provide me information realted to the upgradation as
requested will be of great help.

Regards,
Deepak

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.