Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org> on 2015/12/04 08:22:18 UTC

[DISCUSS] Milagro for Incubation

On Thu, 2015-12-03 at 19:36 -0800, Marvin Humphrey wrote:

> Thanks for working with us, Brian. As far as I'm concerned, the name
> "Milagro" sounds great -- a clearly distinct brand, yet evoking its
> origins.

I've updated the proposal to use the new name.  It's now at
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/MilagroProposal

It still needs more mentors!

Can I add that, quite apart from potential synergies with
other Apache projects including servers/cloud/IoT,
I'm looking forward to developing this as a service which
could benefit the ASF itself?  The proposal includes running
a community Trust Authority, and I hope eventually to use
that not just for Apache people and infra services,
but also to experiment with a gateway to the PGP WoT.

Re: [DISCUSS] Milagro for Incubation

Posted by Brian Spector <br...@miracl.com>.
Jan, thank you, that's fantastic. I think we have 3 mentors now (you,
Sterling and Nick).
We're excited to have you on board.

Regarding integration points, the obvious one is the Apache web server
itself to provide certificate-less TLS-PSK (with perfect forward secrecy)
for HTTPS connections to apps and things.

Patrick, Nick and I are developing a list of how we can add value to the
various projects, and will respond in greater detail soon.

Posted by Patrick Hilt <pa...@miracl.com>.
Hi Jan,
that’s fantastic! We totally appreciate having you as a mentor!
We’ll get back to you with a complete list of potential Apache project integrations but off the cuff I’d say the Apache web server (auth & TLS module), Tomcat, Geronimo, Mesos, Hadoop and ApacheDS et al. There is also an opportunity for integration with MyNewt and Sterling from that project has signed up to be a mentor for Milagro as well (thanks again!). Furthermore, I could imagine integration opportunities with Metron, which is also being proposed as a project currently.

Thanks again,
Patrick

Posted by Jan Willem Janssen <ja...@luminis.eu>.
Hi,