Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Dylan Browne <db...@mango-solutions.com> on 2007/08/01 14:44:40 UTC

RE: Capturing Client Side DOM changes

Hi,

A bit of extra advice gratefully received....

I've got my DOM serialized and posted back to the server, I'm now trying
to update my initial SVG doc with the new DOM (or create a new doc)..

So my initial SVGDocument is something like....

<?xml-stylesheet type="text/css" href="http://blah/blah.css"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/css" href="http://blah/blah.css"?>
<svg contentScriptType="text/ecmascript.... etc etc>
<old stuff />
</svg>

And my new Node to overwrite the previous is...

<svg contentScriptType="text/ecmascript.... etc etc>
<new stuff />
</svg>

And I thought I could call something like..

doc.replaceChild(oldDocNode, newDocNode);
or
doc.importNode(newNode, true);

But I'm getting various errors with the various combinations of
parameters/methods I'm trying. I guess what I am trying to do is very
simple, and I can't see the wood for the trees...

Any tips greatly appreciated,

Dylan.