Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2014/11/01 07:38:18 UTC

[FlexJS] FlexJSStore

Today I checked in a port of the FlexStore example into the flex-asjs repo
(in examples/FlexJSStore). FWIW, the original MX-based version of
FlexStore is in the flex-examples repo in the develop branch.  I ported
the MX version to Spark (also in the flex-examples repo). Then I ported
the Spark version to FlexJS.

Only the AS version runs at this time.  My next task is to build out the
JS classes until it runs there as well.  It isn’t perfect, there’s lots of
visual errors around margins/paddings and the default look of components.
We’ll eventually iron that stuff out as we port the new FlatSpark theme to
FlexJS.  But lots of things now are operational: changing states now plays
transitions, you can drag/drop objects, tooltips appear although the need
better visuals.

When I get the JS version up and running, I’ll post running versions
somewhere and start a discussion of the patterns and paradigms that are
used to create such an app.

Anyone who wants to help tune the visuals or port FlatSpark to FlexJS is
welcome to join in the fun.

FWIW, the Spark version of the FlexStore SWF (exported for release) weighs
in at 955K.  The FlexJS release SWF weighs in at 72K.  Yes, we have to add
more code to tune visuals and fix bugs, but these numbers indicate that
there are advantages to breaking down functionality into basic pieces and
building back up.  It doesn’t take 955K to do simple data-binding, states,
effects, transition, drag-drop and tooltips.

Thanks,
-Alex

Re: [FlexJS] FlexJSStore

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 12/23/14, 1:52 PM, "Mihai Chira" <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Maybe it's worth thinking of a TourDeFlexJS soon?

Once FlexJSStore is up and running, it would make sense for volunteers to
start on such a thing.

-Alex

Re: [FlexJS] FlexJSStore

Posted by Mihai Chira <mi...@gmail.com>.