Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Philippe Mouawad <p....@ubik-ingenierie.com> on 2019/08/05 08:57:15 UTC

Master importing in Eclipse using Buildship give compilation error

Hello,
I did the following steps:

   1. Eclipse  Version: 2018-09
   2. Using Buildship 2.2.1.v20180125
   3. New > Import Gradle project
   4. Import succeeds, but core project has compilation error on
   JMeterUtils saying JMeterVersion cannot be resolved

Regards
Philippe

Re: Master importing in Eclipse using Buildship give compilation error

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.
> On Monday, August 5, 2019, Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>> 1/ when I open a
>>> *gradle.kts file in Eclipse it does not resolve dependencies
>> I've no idea. I have not tried to use Eclipse for build script editing.
>> The build scripts are OK in IDEA though: all the dependencies are there,
>> and code completion works.
>
> ok, unfortunately none of this works ootb on Eclipse which is still a major
> ide .
> IDEA is not free for everyone

I haven't gotten it to work on my eclipse setup either, I have two error
messages, that might be related:

* in <workspace_dir>/.meta/.log I see entries like:

!ENTRY org.jetbrains.kotlin.core 2 0 2019-08-05 21:16:41.381
!MESSAGE Can't find jar:
/.../eclipse/../../../.p2/pool/plugins/org.jetbrains.kotlin.core_0.8.17.v20190722-1219.jar/bin

The file ending on .jar is at the denoted address, but it is not a
directory containing bin nor has the jar file an entry named bin. I am a
bit clueless, what this entry should mean. Google has given nothing
relevant in my eyes.

* on editing the build.gradle.kts files I get a marker with the
following text:

Multiple markers at this line - Unresolved reference: dependencies -
Cannot access script base class
'org.jetbrains.kotlin.core.script.template.ProjectScriptTemplate'. Check
your module classpath for missing or conflicting
 dependencies

No idea really,

 Felix

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.
>Eclipse still a major ide

It might be related with some Eclipse configuration.
I would be strange if editing of Gradle scripts were unsupported in Eclipse.

>IDEA is not free for everyone

IDEA Community is free, and it supports Gradle just fine:
https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/download/

I think IDEA community covers almost all the cases that are needed for
Apache JMeter development.
On top of that, IDEA has free license offer for qualifying OpenSource
projects: https://www.jetbrains.com/community/opensource/
Of course there are limitations (e.g. "Licenses are provided only to core
team developers"), however you definitely qualify,
thus you can have an ultimate license.

PS. I don't expect build code to be changed/updated often, so it does not
sound like a showstopper issue.

Vladimir

Re: Master importing in Eclipse using Buildship give compilation error

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Master importing in Eclipse using Buildship give compilation error

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <p....@ubik-ingenierie.com>.
I confirm that with last version of Eclipse and embedded buildship it works
without this.

1/ @Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>  when I open a
*gradle.kts file in Eclipse it does not resolve dependencies so file shows
a lot of compilation errors , what should be done to solve this ?

Eclipse :Version: 2019-06 (4.12.0)

Buildship : 3.1.0v20190501

Kotlin Plugin for eclipse: 0.8.17

2/ Also what are the best practices for gradle config in Eclipse, should we
use Gradle Wrapper or Local Installation directory

3/  When I run command line I get:

Deprecated Gradle features were used in this build, making it incompatible
with Gradle 6.0.

The DefaultTask.newInputDirectory() method has been deprecated. This is
scheduled to be removed in Gradle 6.0. Please use the
ObjectFactory.directoryProperty() method instead.

        at Build_gradle.<init>(build.gradle.kts:99)

        (Run with --stacktrace to get the full stack trace of this
deprecation warning.)

The DefaultTask.newInputFile() method has been deprecated. This is
scheduled to be removed in Gradle 6.0. Please use the
ObjectFactory.fileProperty() method instead.

        at Build_gradle.<init>(build.gradle.kts:99)

        (Run with --stacktrace to get the full stack trace of this
deprecation warning.)

The DefaultTask.newOutputDirectory() method has been deprecated. This is
scheduled to be removed in Gradle 6.0. Please use the
ObjectFactory.directoryProperty() method instead.

        at Build_gradle.<init>(build.gradle.kts:99)

        (Run with --stacktrace to get the full stack trace of this
deprecation warning.)

Internal API constructor TaskReportContainer(Class<T>, Task) has been
deprecated. This is scheduled to be removed in Gradle 6.0.

Thanks and sorry for my stupid questions
Thanks

--

[image: logo Ubik Ingenierie] <https://www.ubik-ingenierie.com> Philippe
Mouawad

Re: Master importing in Eclipse using Buildship give compilation error

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Franz.
Issue is that src/main/version is not added to source in Eclipse.

I tried upgrading my buildship but it failed on this Eclipse version
I'll look into using last Eclipse version
Thanks
Regards

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

AW: Master importing in Eclipse using Buildship give compilation error