Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "McKenna, Simon (RGH)" <Si...@rgh.sa.gov.au> on 2005/07/01 02:25:56 UTC

RE: Do Win32 versions of hook template scripts exist?

Hi Andrew,

-> I checked the contrib web site and the standard web site
-> for other handy hook scripts, and don't see any win32 batch
-> file equivalents to what is provided as bash scripts with
-> standard SVN.  Has anyone written these?

If you don't mind using NAnt on the Mono or .NET runtime,
I've been working on a framework to aid Subversion admin,
it includes hook scripts:

http://svn.berlios.de/viewcvs/subnant/trunk/README.txt?view=markup

The test target will ensure your config is setup for hooks.

Caveat: still in dev mode and unstable, the hook targets for
commit-email, revprop-email, and commit-message are implemented,
the other hooks will be done as time permits and needs require
(access control for both normal data and revision properties is
being worked on, spec is in /doc, after that, check-case-insensitive)
but our team here use and rely on the completed parts of Subnant
(mostly the dump and hotcopy targets, and the commit-email hook)

peace
si

ps. if you are interested, grab the latest nightly of Nant
and NAntContrib, as the 0.85rc4 hasn't been released (yet).

RE: Do Win32 versions of hook template scripts exist?

Posted by Andrew Arnott <an...@gmail.com>.
On 6/30/05, Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net> wrote:

> On Jun 30, 2005, at 9:25 PM, McKenna, Simon (RGH) wrote:
> >
> > -> I checked the contrib web site and the standard web site
> > -> for other handy hook scripts, and don't see any win32 batch
> > -> file equivalents to what is provided as bash scripts with
> > -> standard SVN. Has anyone written these?
>

> Andrew,
>
> What "bash scripts with the standard svn" are you referring to? Just
> the hook templates themselves? Those barely do anything at all,
> they're just one-liner examples. The hooks that do "real work" (like
> enforce permission schemes, or send email) are all written in either
> perl or python, and run just fine on windows.

Ya, just the template ones. They may be one-liners, but the one that allows
revision property edits on svn:log but none others is useful, and I wanted
to utilize it.

Andrew Arnott
Web Developer
Brigham Young University
"Men stumble over the truth from time to time, but most pick themselves up
and hurry off as if nothing happened." -WC

Re: Do Win32 versions of hook template scripts exist?

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.

Posted by Andrew Arnott <an...@gmail.com>.
On 6/30/05, McKenna, Simon (RGH) <Si...@rgh.sa.gov.au> wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> -> I checked the contrib web site and the standard web site
> -> for other handy hook scripts, and don't see any win32 batch
> -> file equivalents to what is provided as bash scripts with
> -> standard SVN. Has anyone written these?
>
> If you don't mind using NAnt on the Mono or .NET runtime,

Do I mind? Heck no! :) I quite enjoy running Mono and .NET.

I've been working on a framework to aid Subversion admin,
> it includes hook scripts:
>
> http://svn.berlios.de/viewcvs/subnant/trunk/README.txt?view=markup
>
> The test target will ensure your config is setup for hooks.
>
> Caveat: still in dev mode and unstable, the hook targets for
> commit-email, revprop-email, and commit-message are implemented,
> the other hooks will be done as time permits and needs require
> (access control for both normal data and revision properties is
> being worked on, spec is in /doc, after that, check-case-insensitive)
> but our team here use and rely on the completed parts of Subnant
> (mostly the dump and hotcopy targets, and the commit-email hook)

Great. Thanks for sharing.

peace