Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by "Wallis, Simon (Toronto - 22 Front)" <Si...@cibc.ca> on 2002/01/30 23:41:07 UTC

Comments on CapeClear software?

Hi there,

Has anyone out there used CapeConnect and CapeStudio by CapeClear? I'm
evaluating the software and would like to hear some comments from the user
community. We want to deploy web services (written mostly as Java classes),
for use in a Java, VB, and ASP environment. We're using:

-Windows 2000
-IIS
-JBuilder
-Tomcat 4.0.1 but likely moving to WebLogic 6.1

It's very expensive, and is it worth the money? Are there better tools? Or
equally good tools for cheaper? Any horror or success stories to share?

Please give me some advice.

Much thanks,
Simon.
Senior Web Developer, Internet Technology
Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce

RE: Comments on CapeClear software?

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.
(I apologize for advertising on the Apache SOAP list, but Simon did ask...)

Simon,

I suggest you also look at Systinet WASP.

WASP Developer for JBuilder is free. It's a plug-in that's tightly
integrated with JBuilder. (A plug-in is also available for NetBeans and
Forte, plus there are command line tools.) The wizards automatically
generate all your SOAP code and WSDL files, plus the tools allow you to
deploy, debug, and manage services from the IDE. Services developed with
WASP Developer are deployed in a WASP Server environment. WASP Server Lite
is free for commercial deployments. WASP Server Advanced requires a
commercial license, but it is affordable. WASP Lite supports a wide array of
advanced features, such as multiple protocols, complex datatypes, header
processing, and SOAP with Attachments. WASP Advanced adds remote references,
transparent J2EE integration, and end-to-end security. WASP runs on Windows
(and Linux and Unix) and runs in both Tomcat and WebLogic (and WebSphere,
Oracle iAS, Orion, Jetty, JBoss, etc.). It provides excellent
interoperability with VB, ASP, and .NET.

Regards,

Anne Thomas Manes
CTO, Systinet
www.systinet.com