Posted to user@beehive.apache.org by djkuul <dh...@hotmail.com> on 2008/04/17 21:09:48 UTC

.apt_src and page flow Controller ClientInitializer

I hope I can explain the problem precisely-

1. There is a BasePageFlowController which has a private @Control exposed
with a protected method to its derived page flow controllers
2. There is a DerivedPageFlowController which does not use the @Control
defined in the BasePageFlowController, it neither has any @Controls of its
own.
3. When the DerivedPageFlowController is hit I get a ClassNotFoundException
and hence a ControlFieldInitializationException, if the
DerivedPageFlowController is hit again in the same browser by say using the
browser back button then it works fine.
4. If a dummy @Control member is added to the DerivedPageFlowController then
everything works fine.
5. I see that the DerivedPageFlowControllerClientInitializer is not created
for point 2. and is created for point 4. in the .apt_src folder.

Am I missing anything?
Drilling down I see that
org.apache.beehive.controls.runtime.bean.ControlBean class is used for
initializing the DerivedPageFlowControllerClientInitializer and might have
the solution. (Not so sure about this)

I am using Workshop for Weblogic 10.0.1 and am developing PageFlow portlets.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!!

Re: .apt_src and page flow Controller ClientInitializer

Posted by Carlin Rogers <ca...@gmail.com>.
This sounds a lot like a bug that was reported and fixed in NetUI
quite a while back. See
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEEHIVE-1060

Your workaround with the dummy @Control is also described in the bug
by another user. However, the bug has been fixed for some time and a
local run of the test (just doing a build with ant, not in an IDE)
seems to work fine. Seems odd but maybe the issue is specific with the
IDE.

You could start by filing a bug on Workshop.

Kind regards,
Carlin