Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Markus Vaterlaus <mv...@mus.ch> on 2004/01/08 23:01:43 UTC

Pleased!

Hi all,

as I just rebuild lenya from cvs, I was very pleased to see on the
welcome page the message:

You have successfully installed Apache Lenya 1.2.

Congratulation, guys!

However, opening the page first page as editor and submitting it for
review takes quite a while. Is this normal behaviour or is my mac to
small for this?

OS X 10.3.2
G3 700 MHz, ~600MB RAM
tomcat 4.1.29, cocoon 2.1.2

--mv

Re: Pleased!

Posted by Markus Vaterlaus <mv...@mus.ch>.
Am 08.01.2004 um 23:57 schrieb Michael Wechner:

> Markus Vaterlaus wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> as I just rebuild lenya from cvs, I was very pleased to see on the
>> welcome page the message:
>> You have successfully installed Apache Lenya 1.2.
>> Congratulation, guys!
>> However, opening the page first page as editor and submitting it for
>> review takes quite a while.
>
> how long is quite a while? And does it actually finish the job?

Let's say up to three minutes. Yes, the job is finished (aka the
desired page is displayed). It takes that much time with all pages in
the default publication (didn't try the others). It also takes a lot of
time to handle a request after selecting "publish" on a page.

>  Is this normal behaviour or is my mac to
>> small for this?
>> OS X 10.3.2
>> G3 700 MHz, ~600MB RAM
>> tomcat 4.1.29, cocoon 2.1.2
>
> btw, if you Jetty instead of Tomcat then you won't have to do "ant
> install", but just "ant" which is saving you quite a lot of
> "copy-time"

And when will I have time to wash up the dishes? ;-)

Honestly: I haven't tried jetty yet, but I will. Thanks for the hint!

--mv

Re: Pleased!

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Markus Vaterlaus wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> as I just rebuild lenya from cvs, I was very pleased to see on the
> welcome page the message:
>
> You have successfully installed Apache Lenya 1.2.
>
> Congratulation, guys!
>
> However, opening the page first page as editor and submitting it for
> review takes quite a while.

how long is quite a while? And does it actually finish the job?

  Is this normal behaviour or is my mac to
> small for this?
>
> OS X 10.3.2
> G3 700 MHz, ~600MB RAM
> tomcat 4.1.29, cocoon 2.1.2

btw, if you Jetty instead of Tomcat then you won't have to do "ant
install", but just "ant" which is saving you quite a lot of "copy-time"

Michi

> --mv

Michael Wechner