Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Guoliang Cao <ca...@ispsoft.com> on 2000/12/18 22:44:50 UTC

compile error with xalan-2.0 D3

Hi,

I just checked out the xml-xalan/java(which is xalan 2.0D3 as stated in
build.xml)  and built the jar file.  But when I recompile a very small
file with the new jar, I got following error.  Then I found some
directories are empty, like org.apache.trax.  Does that mean it's not a
good time to get the xalan 2.0 from cvs?

Thanks.

"TransformAll.java": Error #: 302 : cannot access class
org.apache.serialize.OutputFormat; class
org.apache.serialize.OutputFormat not found in stable package at line
11, column 29
"TransformAll.java": Error #: 302 : cannot access class
org.apache.serialize.Serializer; class org.apache.serialize.Serializer
not found in stable package at line 12, column 29
"TransformAll.java": Error #: 302 : cannot access class
org.apache.serialize.SerializerFactory; class
org.apache.serialize.SerializerFactory not found in stable package at
line 13, column 29
"TransformAll.java": Error #: 302 : cannot access class
org.apache.trax.Processor; class org.apache.trax.Processor not found in
stable package at line 16, column 24
"TransformAll.java": Error #: 302 : cannot access class
org.apache.trax.Templates; class org.apache.trax.Templates not found in
stable package at line 17, column 24
"TransformAll.java": Error #: 302 : cannot access class
org.apache.trax.Transformer; class org.apache.trax.Transformer not found
in stable package at line 18, column 24
"TransformAll.java": Error #: 302 : cannot access class
org.apache.trax.Result; class org.apache.trax.Result not found in stable
package at line 19, column 24
"TransformAll.java": Error #: 302 : cannot access class
org.apache.trax.ProcessorException; class
org.apache.trax.ProcessorException not found in stable package at line
20, column 24
"TransformAll.java": Error #: 302 : cannot access class
org.apache.trax.ProcessorFactoryException; class
org.apache.trax.ProcessorFactoryException not found in stable package at
line 21, column 24
"TransformAll.java": Error #: 302 : cannot access class
org.apache.trax.TransformException; class
org.apache.trax.TransformException not found in stable package at line
22, column 24
"TransformAll.java": Error #: 302 : cannot access class Processor; class
org.apache.trax.Processor not found in stable package at line 29, column
9
"TransformAll.java": Error #: 302 : cannot access class Processor; class
org.apache.trax.Processor not found in stable package at line 29, column
31
"TransformAll.java": Error #: 302 : cannot access class Templates; class
org.apache.trax.Templates not found in stable package at line 58, column
13
"TransformAll.java": Error #: 302 : cannot access class Transformer;
class org.apache.trax.Transformer not found in stable package at line
60, column 13
"TransformAll.java": Error #: 302 : cannot access class Result; class
org.apache.trax.Result not found in stable package at line 74, column 87

"TransformAll.java": Error #: 302 : cannot access class Result; class
org.apache.trax.Result not found in stable package at line 81, column 87

"TransformAll.java": Error #: 302 : cannot access class Result; class
org.apache.trax.Result not found in stable package at line 88, column 87

"TransformAll.java": Error #: 302 : cannot access class Result; class
org.apache.trax.Result not found in stable package at line 95, column 87

"TransformAll.java": Error #: 302 : cannot access class Result; class
org.apache.trax.Result not found in stable package at line 102, column
87
"TransformAll.java": Error #: 302 : cannot access class Result; class
org.apache.trax.Result not found in stable package at line 109, column
87
"TransformAll.java": Error #: 302 : cannot access class Result; class
org.apache.trax.Result not found in stable package at line 116, column
87
"TransformAll.java": Error #: 302 : cannot access class Result; class
org.apache.trax.Result not found in stable package at line 123, column
87

Re: compile error with xalan-2.0 D3

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
Guoliang Cao wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just checked out the xml-xalan/java(which is xalan 2.0D3 as stated in
> build.xml)  and built the jar file.  But when I recompile a very small
> file with the new jar, I got following error.  Then I found some
> directories are empty, like org.apache.trax.  Does that mean it's not a
> good time to get the xalan 2.0 from cvs?
>
> Thanks.
>
> "TransformAll.java": Error #: 302 : cannot access class
> org.apache.serialize.OutputFormat; class
> org.apache.serialize.OutputFormat not found in stable package at line
> 11, column 29

I'm not sure where these error messages are coming from and what
TransformAll is.  A lot of things have been moved around and renamed
during the XalanJ2 development.  The stuff in org.apache.serialize and
org.apache.trax are some of those items.

The current CVS should definitely build without problems and it's just a
fine time to get Xalan 2.0 from CVS.  However, my CVS client deletes
empty directories so that they're not even there.

If you could let us know what TransformAll is and where these error
messages are coming from, we should be able to help.

Gary