Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Arthur Dent <mi...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2012/11/17 19:45:43 UTC

[OTish] ContentAnalysis@UnifiedeMail.net

Seeing the "wrong RCVD_IN_PBL?" thread posted recently made me think
about my own email problems. I have had some difficulty lately with
email (my own personal email) not always getting through to some people
and I have been wondering whether it might be hitting some spam filters.

So I was interested to read the above thread (I have never heard of
ContentAnalysis@UnifiedeMail.net before so I was keen to try it.

I fired off a an email to that address about half an hour ago. I have
received nothing at all.

So I tried their web-form page at
http://www.unifiedemail.net/Tools/ContentAnalysis/Default.aspx and I
pasted in a complete mail that I had sent to myself (in text form -
headers and all). Oddly when I hit submit on that I get this message:
"Sorry; but the input you provided looks like a potentially dangerous
request.
Please do not use special charaters such as < or > in your request. "

Ummmm - how can I paste a message with full headers without "<" or ">"?

Does anyone know how to use this service? I must clearly be doing
something wrong...

Thanks

Mark

Re: [OTish] ContentAnalysis@UnifiedeMail.net

Posted by Giles Coochey <gi...@coochey.net>.
On 17/11/2012 18:45, Arthur Dent wrote:
> Seeing the "wrong RCVD_IN_PBL?" thread posted recently made me think
> about my own email problems. I have had some difficulty lately with
> email (my own personal email) not always getting through to some people
> and I have been wondering whether it might be hitting some spam filters.
>
> So I was interested to read the above thread (I have never heard of
> ContentAnalysis@UnifiedeMail.net before so I was keen to try it.
>
> I fired off a an email to that address about half an hour ago. I have
> received nothing at all.
>
> So I tried their web-form page at
> http://www.unifiedemail.net/Tools/ContentAnalysis/Default.aspx and I
> pasted in a complete mail that I had sent to myself (in text form -
> headers and all). Oddly when I hit submit on that I get this message:
> "Sorry; but the input you provided looks like a potentially dangerous
> request.
> Please do not use special charaters such as < or > in your request. "
>
> Ummmm - how can I paste a message with full headers without "<" or ">"?
>
> Does anyone know how to use this service? I must clearly be doing
> something wrong...
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark
I thought the service was aimed at spammers who wanted to reduce their
Spam Assassin score, and I believe it only accepts body and doesn't do
network related checks.

Giles Coochey, CCNA, CCNAS
NetSecSpec Ltd
+44 (0) 7983 877438