Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/04 07:34:42 UTC

Specifying a plugin's dependency version

I'm using the vsersion 1.2.0 of the maven-bundle-plugin from the felix
project - it has a dependency on version 0.0.227 of bndlib (groupId
"biz.aQute") and I wanted to try the plugin out with version 0.0.236
of bndlib. I tried specifying this in the plugin's dependencies both
in the dependencyManagement section and in the plugin config in the
build section:

        <plugin>
          <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
          <version>1.2.0</version>
          <inherited>true</inherited>
          <dependencies>
            <dependency>
              <groupId>biz.aQute</groupId>
              <artifactId>bndlib</artifactId>
              <version>0.0.236</version>
            </dependency>
          </dependencies>
        </plugin>

netiher seem to have any effect - it still used version 0.0.227 of
bndlib. The docs seem to indicate that this should work - does it, or
is this a bug?

http://maven.apache.org/pom.html#Plugins

Niall

Re: Specifying a plugin's dependency version

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 12, 2008 9:24 AM, VUB Stefan Seidel <ss...@vub.de> wrote:
> Actually, this is a bug. I didn't have time to file it yet, but from
> Maven 2.0.7 to 2.0.8 dependencies within the <plugin> definition
> suddenly are ignored in multi-module projects. Try to declare your
> dependency as a normal dependency in your parent pom. Or use Maven 2.0.7.

OK thanks for confirming this is an issue. I can workaround it for now
using the snapshot version as Stuart suggests.

Niall

Posted by VUB Stefan Seidel <ss...@vub.de>.

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <st...@jayway.net>.
On 12/02/2008, Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> No-one any ideas on this?

Hi Niall,

If you're unable to get this working you can always try the 1.2.1-SNAPSHOT
that uses the new bndlib, available from the Apache snapshot repository or
over at http://repository.ops4j.org/mvn-snapshots

HTH

Niall

> On Feb 4, 2008 6:34 AM, Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm using the vsersion 1.2.0 of the maven-bundle-plugin from the felix
> > project - it has a dependency on version 0.0.227 of bndlib (groupId
> > "biz.aQute") and I wanted to try the plugin out with version 0.0.236
> > of bndlib. I tried specifying this in the plugin's dependencies both
> > in the dependencyManagement section and in the plugin config in the
> > build section:
> >
> >         <plugin>
> >           <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
> >           <artifactId>maven-bundle-plugin</artifactId>
> >           <version>1.2.0</version>
> >           <inherited>true</inherited>
> >           <dependencies>
> >             <dependency>
> >               <groupId>biz.aQute</groupId>
> >               <artifactId>bndlib</artifactId>
> >               <version>0.0.236</version>
> >             </dependency>
> >           </dependencies>
> >         </plugin>
> >
> > netiher seem to have any effect - it still used version 0.0.227 of
> > bndlib. The docs seem to indicate that this should work - does it, or
> > is this a bug?
> >
> > http://maven.apache.org/pom.html#Plugins
> >
> > Niall

Cheers, Stuart

Re: Specifying a plugin's dependency version

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
No-one any ideas on this?