Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/30 21:32:37 UTC

Re:

On 5/30/07, muhammad.raza@uk.bnpparibas.com
<mu...@uk.bnpparibas.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would appreciate you if you could help me regarding following;
>

> Is it possible to do something
>
> ${${abcd}} where 'abcd' contains another expression..

This can't be done (as i assume you already discovered by trying it),
but you can use this

http://velocity.apache.org/tools/devel/generic/RenderTool.html

to achieve the same effect.

Re:

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com>.
Or in the (unreleased) version 1.6, use #evaluate("$abcd").  You can
download this from subversion if you are feeling brave.

WILL

On 5/30/07, Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/30/07, muhammad.raza@uk.bnpparibas.com
> <mu...@uk.bnpparibas.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would appreciate you if you could help me regarding following;
> >

> > Is it possible to do something
> >
> > ${${abcd}} where 'abcd' contains another expression..
>
> This can't be done (as i assume you already discovered by trying it),
> but you can use this
>
> http://velocity.apache.org/tools/devel/generic/RenderTool.html
>
> to achieve the same effect.
>
> > Thanks.
> > Muhammad.
> >

> > This message and any attachments (the "message") is
> > intended solely for the addressees and is confidential.
> > If you receive this message in error, please delete it and
> > immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord with
> > its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole
> > or partial, is prohibited except formal approval. The internet
> > can not guarantee the integrity of this message.
> > BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will) not
> > therefore be liable for the message if modified.

> > BNP Paribas Private Bank London Branch is authorised
> > by CECEI & AMF and is regulated by the Financial Services
> > Authority for the conduct of its investment business in
> > the United Kingdom.
> >
> > BNP Paribas Securities Services London Branch is authorised
> > by CECEI & AMF and is regulated by the Financial Services
> > Authority for the conduct of its investment business in
> > the United Kingdom.
> >
> > BNP Paribas Fund Services UK Limited is authorised and
> > regulated by the Financial Services Authority

Forio Business Simulations

Will Glass-Husain
wglass@forio.com
www.forio.com