Posted to infrastructure-dev@apache.org by Nitay <ni...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/25 18:57:57 UTC

Git binary on people.apache.org

Hi guys,

I'm an HBase committer. I noticed there is no 'git' installed on
people.apache.org, and a few folks have compiled their own version in
their home folder.
This seems like a waste to me and the wrong approach. I'd like to
request that 'git' be officially added to people.apache.org.

Thanks,
-n

Re: Git binary on people.apache.org

Posted by Daniel Spiewak <dj...@gmail.com>.
+1  Please install git-svn as well (it's BSD, so I'm guessing you just add
the +svn flag to the port install).

Daniel

Posted by Tony Stevenson <to...@pc-tony.com>.
Nitay,

You should redirect your request to infrastructure@
However, I would not expect a quick response.  We dont often install
new products immediately after asking.

Also, if we were to install it, it would almost certainly be the
FreeBSD package version.
On 25 Jun 2009, at 17:57, Nitay wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm an HBase committer. I noticed there is no 'git' installed on
> people.apache.org, and a few folks have compiled their own version in
> their home folder.
> This seems like a waste to me and the wrong approach. I'd like to
> request that 'git' be officially added to people.apache.org.
>
> Thanks,
> -n

Cheers,
Tony