Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by kshitij tyagi <ks...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/07 10:07:23 UTC

solr query time

Hi,

I am having 120 fields in a single document and i am indexing all of them
i.e. index=true and stored=true in my schema.

I need to understand how that might be affecting my query time overall.

what is the relation between query time with respect to indexing all fields
in schema??

Regards,
Kshitij

Re: solr query time

Posted by Emir Arnautovic <em...@sematext.com>.
Hi Kshitij,

Query time depends on query parameters, number of docs matched,
collection size, index size on disk, resources available and caches.

Number of fields per doc will results in index being bigger on disk, but
assuming there are enough resources - mainly RAM for OS caches - that
should not slow down query time.

More indexed fields, more likely that you will create more complex query
and more complex query, slower query time.

Assuming you are interested in end user query time not Solr query only
time, more stored fields, more likely that more fields are returned.
More fields returned, slower result document creation, bigger response,
slower transfer over network. Make sure to return only fields that are
needed and not use fl=*.

HTH,
Emir