Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Arje Cahn <a....@hippo.nl> on 2006/09/05 12:10:45 UTC

[GT2006] REMINDER: Request for Papers, deadline tomorrownight!

       *********************************
       *                               *
       *    Cocoon GetTogether 2006    *
       *      October 2nd to 4th       *
       *                               *
       *  Amsterdam, The Netherlands   *
       *                               *
	 * EARLY BIRD registration open! *
       *                               *
       ******* www.cocoongt.org ********

Hi all,

Because I was on holiday, I forgot to send out the RFP reminder... :(
Therefor, here's a short reminder, giving you all some extra time to send in your proposals!

Please send in your proposals for talks before tomorrownight:

----------------------
September 6, 23:59 CET
----------------------

Please see http://www.cocoongt.org/Request-for-papers.html for guidelines. It can be really short, as long as there's some basic description in there so we can start setting up the program.

Thanks, and looking forward to meeting you all (again) in october in Amsterdam!

----

Kind regards,

Arjé Cahn

Hippo

Oosteinde 11
1017WT Amsterdam
The Netherlands
Tel  +31 (0)20 5224466

Re: [GT2006] REMINDER: Request for Papers, deadline tomorrownight!

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On 9/5/06, Arje Cahn <a....@hippo.nl> wrote:

> ...Please send in your proposals for talks before tomorrownight..

Did you actively invite the Lenya and Forrest guys as well? It might
be nice to have some contribution from them.

-Bertrand

Re: [GT2006] REMINDER: Request for Papers, deadline tomorrownight!

Posted by Nick Baumberger <nb...@yahoo.com>.
Dear Arje,

A short question regarding papers. Let me quickly
introduce you to my project: Besides my day-to-day job
as a statistician, I working on a cocoon/postgresql
based data broker application (on my own accounts).

The idea is to develop a web-application with
functionality implemented within 'pluggable' modules
residing on top of a core application managing user
and data.

90% of the core development is completed and I'am
about to start implementing functional extensions.
These are basically flows scripts calling java
objects, sql or any system command manipulating the
database. Think of a modulare application server
residing on top of the data that you want to broker.

Sounds very business oriented, but is in fact only
partly. The main idea is to make structured data
better accessible (.. and cheaper)
a) by having a fine grained data accounting system.
The smallest data unit is a database-table cell
AND
b) by letting people operating on row data without
every seeing the raw data itself (circumventing the
problem of protection fo data ownership)

Now, I'm looking for people not only to share ideas,
but to actively participate in the further
development. Together with a friend I am operating a
little hosting service which has capacity to
accomodate this an other projects. My business idea is
that participating people own their modules
themselfes, and the core is owned by myself but open
(in the long run)

Do you think the GT2006 is a good place to ask people
to participate (because it's not realy about
developing cocoon) and do you think it's worth a paper
?

My contribution would be something like "Using the
cocoon web-application framework: from open source to
open data".

Looking forward to hearing from you

Nick