Posted to dev@ranger.apache.org by Selvamohan Neethiraj <sn...@hortonworks.com> on 2014/12/09 02:32:03 UTC

Proposal for Apache Ranger - 0.4.1 Release to fix compilation issues related to SNAPSHOT libraries ...

All:

As Ranger 0.4.0 has a compilation issue related to SNAPSHOT libraries from Hive and HBase, I am proposing to do a quick fix to this problem and do a release as 0.4.1 from the ranger-0.4 branch.

The fix will use Hive 0.14.1 (as current Hive 0.14.0 release jar has some dependencies with other SNAPSHOT jar files, which does not exists in Apache Repo) and HBase 0.99.2 (latest HBase release).

Please let me know if you see any issue in creating a quick release to fix the build & compilation issues ….

Thanks,
Selva-
--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Proposal for Apache Ranger - 0.4.1 Release to fix compilation issues related to SNAPSHOT libraries ...

Posted by Muthu Pandi <mu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the update Selva

*RegardsMuthupandi.K*

 Think before you print.