Posted to discuss@apachecon.com by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com> on 2003/10/13 20:24:05 UTC

when should bofs be?

background:
bofs, or birds-of-a-feather sessions, are hour-long informal
sessions that get requested and scheduled after the main
schedule has been determined.  any registered attendee may
request a bof, and the planners will try to schedule it
as the requestor desires.

the problem:
we need to figure out when to have the bofs.  options include
before, during, and after the regular programme.  the morning
option has not been well-received (!).  doing them in the
evening puts them in conflict with things like the welcome
reception.  and putting them against the regular sessions is
guaranteed to upset *some*body.

so..  when would *you* like to see the bofs scheduled?  for this
november, wedensday night is obviously out, and monday night is
the welcoming reception.
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Conference and Expo Kickoff Reception

Posted by Joe Gregorio <jo...@bitworking.org>.
Sander Temme wrote:
> I'd put some slots both Monday after the reception, and Tuesday after the
> regular programme. The website does not state a time or duration for the
> reception, but I assume it would start around six when the regular sessions
> end, and you'd not want to be there longer than an hour anyway. (:

Has the time of the reception been set? I noticed
it listed under the special events but without
a time listed: http://apachecon.com/2003/US/html/special-events.html

	Thanks,
	-joe

--