Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Thomas Broyer <t....@gmail.com> on 2013/03/25 11:54:02 UTC

Preferred way of deploying sites to GitHub Pages

Hi everyone,

I've seen many ways of deploying a site to GitHub Pages (some old,
some newer) and I wonder which should be considered the preferred one,
and/or which are the pros and cons of each:

* wagon-gitsite: there are a few forks, anyone knows the differences
between them?
* GitHub's own site-maven-plugin (apparently doesn't work well with
multi-module builds)
* Deploying locally and then using scm-publish:
http://java.dzone.com/articles/how-publish-maven-site-docs

--
Thomas Broyer
/tɔ.ma.bʁwa.je/

Re: Preferred way of deploying sites to GitHub Pages

Posted by Mirko Friedenhagen <mf...@gmail.com>.
https://github.com/1and1/testlink-junit

There you find a small shell script for publishing as well.

The definition of scm-publish is done in the foss-parent project.

Regards Mirko
--
Sent from my mobile

Posted by Ryan Baxter <rb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mirko Friedenhagen <mf...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeff MAURY <je...@jeffmaury.com>.
I've been using a long time ago wagon-gitsite but I had to patch it.
I don't know what the status now ?

Was about to use the GitHub's one for a brand new project.

Regards
Jeff

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 11:54 AM, Thomas Broyer <t....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I've seen many ways of deploying a site to GitHub Pages (some old,
> some newer) and I wonder which should be considered the preferred one,
> and/or which are the pros and cons of each:
>
> * wagon-gitsite: there are a few forks, anyone knows the differences
> between them?
> * GitHub's own site-maven-plugin (apparently doesn't work well with
> multi-module builds)
> * Deploying locally and then using scm-publish:
> http://java.dzone.com/articles/how-publish-maven-site-docs
>

> --
> Thomas Broyer
> /tɔ.ma.bʁwa.je/ <http://xn--nna.ma.xn--bwa-xxb.je/>