Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Sam Ruby <ru...@us.ibm.com> on 2001/08/11 14:39:48 UTC

Xerces-j regression: NullPointerException in nextMatchingElementAfter

stack traceback:

   java.lang.NullPointerException
      at org.apache.xerces.dom.DeepNodeListImpl.nextMatchingElementAfter(Unknown Source)
      at org.apache.xerces.dom.DeepNodeListImpl.item(Unknown Source)
      at org.apache.xerces.dom.DeepNodeListImpl.getLength(Unknown Source)
      at testcase.main(testcase.java:12)
   Exception in thread "main"

testcase.java:

   import javax.xml.parsers.*;
   import org.w3c.dom.*;

   public class testcase {

           DocumentBuilderFactory dFactory = DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance();
           DocumentBuilder dBuilder = dFactory.newDocumentBuilder();
           Document document = dBuilder.parse(new java.io.File(args[0]));
           Element element = document.getDocumentElement();
           NodeList nodelist = element.getElementsByTagName("element");
           if (nodelist != null) System.out.println(nodelist.getLength());
       }

   }

testdata.xml:

I've isolated the problem to the commit that occurred at

   Fri Aug 10 01:18:16 2001 UTC by lehors

- Sam Ruby

Re: Xerces-j regression: NullPointerException in nextMatchingElementAfter

Posted by Arnaud Le Hors <le...@us.ibm.com>.
I introduced that in my changes to the DOM last week, it's now fixed. I
apology but none of the tests I had exhibited that bug. I now have one
that does.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - IBM, XML Standards Strategy Group / W3C AC Rep.

Re: Xerces-j regression: NullPointerException in nextMatchingElementAfter