Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Thomas Fischer <Fi...@seitenbau.net> on 2005/02/12 13:12:54 UTC

status of Derby support in CVS

Hi,

some people have mailed to the list wondering about the status of Apache
Derby by Torque. The CVS HEAD does not currently support derby, and I
strongly believe CVS 3_1_BRANCH also does not support derby, though I did
not try it.
This is the current status:
- I have been able to run the insert-sql task. However, on subsequent
executions, the tables are not dropped because of some constraint
dependencies and are therefore not re-inserted correctly.
- I have also been able to create the OM classes. However, it is not
possible at the moment to insert any Data into Tables, because of a bug in
Derby, see http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-141. I did not try
querying the DB or deleting from the db; this might work.

    Thomas