Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Antonia Horincar <an...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/29 00:10:27 UTC

[GSoC COMDEV-108] Searchable attributes

Hi devs,

I was very happy to find out that I have been accepted to work on the Solr project for this year’s GSoC!

As I said in my proposal, I think the first step towards adding Solr to Bloodhound would be to create the Solr schemas for BH. My question at this point is what are the searchable attributes in Bloodhound right now? Or is there a specific file that lists all the searchable attributes?

Thanks,
Antonia

Re: [GSoC COMDEV-108] Searchable attributes

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
On 4/28/14, Antonia Horincar <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi devs,

Hi !
:)

> I was very happy to find out that I have been accepted to work on the Solr
> project for this year's GSoC!

Congratulations !

> As I said in my proposal, I think the first step towards adding Solr to
> Bloodhound would be to create the Solr schemas for BH. My question at this
> point is what are the searchable attributes in Bloodhound right now?

The search engine inherited from Trac is extensible ...

> Or is
> there a specific file that lists all the searchable attributes?

... ( i.e. trac.search.ISearchProvider ) . This means that core
components and plugins should be able to add searchable attributes
e.g. ticket text fields (description, keywords, custom text & wiki
fields , ...) . If there's a chance to follow a similar pattern then
that'd be fantastic .

[...]

Olemis - @olemislc

Re: [GSoC COMDEV-108] Searchable attributes

Posted by Ryan J Ollos <rj...@apache.org>.
On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 5:16 PM, Antonia Horincar <
antonia.horincar@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you Olemis and Andrej for your replies.
>
> Sorry for my absence in the past couple of weeks, I have been busy with
> university assignments. But I’ve researched Solr in the meanwhile and I am
> currently trying to create a script to automatically insert BH database
> fields in the Solr schema. Solr provides a handler [1] which can import
> relational databases, so I am trying to use it for Bloodhound. Having no
> experience whatsoever with Solr and search platforms in general makes it
> more time-consuming for me to understand how everything works, but I found
> many helpful resources on the web, so I think I’ll be fine.
>
> Should I create a new SVN branch for this project (named in the same
> format as the one used last summer for the embeddable objects plugin)?

Yes, please do go ahead and make a new branch for your project.

Re: [GSoC COMDEV-108] Searchable attributes

Posted by Antonia Horincar <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thank you Olemis and Andrej for your replies.

Sorry for my absence in the past couple of weeks, I have been busy with university assignments. But I’ve researched Solr in the meanwhile and I am currently trying to create a script to automatically insert BH database fields in the Solr schema. Solr provides a handler [1] which can import relational databases, so I am trying to use it for Bloodhound. Having no experience whatsoever with Solr and search platforms in general makes it more time-consuming for me to understand how everything works, but I found many helpful resources on the web, so I think I’ll be fine.

Should I create a new SVN branch for this project (named in the same format as the one used last summer for the embeddable objects plugin)?

Cheers,
Antonia

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler

On 29 April 2014 at 14:48:27, Andrej Golcov (andrej@digiverse.si) wrote:

Hi,

> As I said in my proposal, I think the first step towards adding Solr to Bloodhound would be to create the Solr schemas for BH. My question at this point is what are the searchable attributes in Bloodhound right now? Or is there a specific file that lists all the searchable attributes?

You can check attributes currently supported by bloodhound_search,
check bloodhound_search/bhsearch/search_resources module. For example,
for ticket see ticket_search.py class TicketFields. Pay attention that
TicketFields is derived from IndexFields.

Check also Whoosh schema located at bloodhound_search/bhsearch/whoosh_backend.py

Cheers, Andrej Golcov

Re: [GSoC COMDEV-108] Searchable attributes

Posted by Andrej Golcov <an...@digiverse.si>.
Hi,