Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jochen Kuhnle <li...@kuhnle.net> on 2005/07/12 02:57:02 UTC

How to send HTML mail with embedded images/CSS?

Hi,

is there an easy way to send a complete Cocoon page including all linked
images, CSS stylesheets, etc. as an email, possibly with a text
alternative for mail clients that do not understand HTML? As far as I get
it, neither the SendMailTransformer nor SendmailAction can do this...

Regards,
Jochen

Re: How to send HTML mail with embedded images/CSS?

Posted by paulb <pb...@gmail.com>.
Jochen,

> is there an easy way to send a complete Cocoon page including all linked
> images, CSS stylesheets, etc. as an email, possibly with a text
> alternative for mail clients that do not understand HTML? As far as I get
> it, neither the SendMailTransformer nor SendmailAction can do this...

I think what you are talking about is MHTML. This example should work:

http://www.jscape.com/articles/sending_html_email_using_java.html

Cheers