Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by chris snow <ch...@googlemail.com> on 2010/05/24 20:14:27 UTC

help system

I haven't had chance to do a deep investigation of the help system yet, but
I have a few futher questions:

1) is the main purpose of the content management records to link the current
screen to the appropriate help content?
2) could the help system be replaced with the eclipse help system?  the
eclipse help system has some nice additional functionality such as search?

Many thanks,

Chris

Re: help system

Posted by chris snow <ch...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Erwan, why build a help system when the eclipse help system has more
features and is very mature - see it in action here:
http://help.eclipse.org/galileo/index.jsp?

Re: help system

Posted by chris snow <ch...@googlemail.com>.
Isn't BIRT under the EPL?

Re: help system

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html

Software under the following licenses may be included in binary form
within an Apache product if the inclusion is appropriately labeled:

    *  CDDL 1.0
    * CPL 1.0
    * EPL 1.0
    * IPL 1.0
    * MPL 1.0 and MPL 1.1
    * SPL 1.0
    * Open Software License 3.0
    * Erlang Public License
    * 'UnRAR License' (only for unarchiving)

=========================
BJ Freeman
http://bjfreeman.elance.com
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation <http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=93>
Specialtymarket.com <http://www.specialtymarket.com/>

Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Linkedin

chris snow sent the following on 5/24/2010 1:45 PM:

Re: help system

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
http://www.eclipse.org/legal/eplfaq.php
#14 is it a show stopper

=========================

Re: help system

Posted by Erwan de FERRIERES <er...@nereide.fr>.
Le 24/05/2010 20:14, chris snow a écrit :
> I haven't had chance to do a deep investigation of the help system yet, but
> I have a few futher questions:
>
> 1) is the main purpose of the content management records to link the current
> screen to the appropriate help content?
> 2) could the help system be replaced with the eclipse help system?  the
> eclipse help system has some nice additional functionality such as search?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Chris

Hi Chris,
-->