Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org> on 2007/06/27 17:04:36 UTC

Merging from M2 to trunk

Hi,

As we get to the end (hopefully) of M2 development I'd like us all to
keep the focus of merging our changes from M2 to trunk. As trunk
diverges this may become difficult. However, if we implement the
changes on both M2 and trunk svnmerge information will not know that
the change has been integrated. As a result it will become difficult
to know what bug fixes from M2 have been integrated with the trunk
code base.

svnmerge is currently showing

$ svnmerge avail -S ../../branches/M2/
539783,539788,541920,549112,549530,549849,550509,550748,550773,550849,551117-551121,551167,551174-551176

I know a number of those merges are mine so I'll get on with looking
at them, but please remember that merging in revision order reduces
the chances of merge conflicts, making our life easy so if the C#
people are happy for me to merge their changes to trunk I can do that.
I just have no way of testing it all compiles currently.

Cheers
--
Martin Ritchie

RE: Merging from M2 to trunk

Posted by Tomas Restrepo <to...@devdeo.com>.
Martin,

> I know a number of those merges are mine so I'll get on with looking
> at them, but please remember that merging in revision order reduces
> the chances of merge conflicts, making our life easy so if the C#
> people are happy for me to merge their changes to trunk I can do that.
> I just have no way of testing it all compiles currently.

As far as I'm concerned (i.e. the changes I committed to the M2 tree) in the .NET client can be safely merged into trunk. Sorry I haven't been around much lately; just been a bit busy.

Tomas Restrepo
http://www.winterdom.com/weblog/

Re: Merging from M2 to trunk

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>.
On 27/06/07, Tomas Restrepo <to...@devdeo.com> wrote:
> Martin,
>
> > I know a number of those merges are mine so I'll get on with looking
> > at them, but please remember that merging in revision order reduces
> > the chances of merge conflicts, making our life easy so if the C#
> > people are happy for me to merge their changes to trunk I can do that.
> > I just have no way of testing it all compiles currently.
>
> As far as I'm concerned (i.e. the changes I committed to the M2 tree) in the .NET client can be safely merged into trunk. Sorry I haven't been around much lately; just been a bit busy.
>

> Tomas Restrepo
> http://www.winterdom.com/weblog/

No problem, I don't have a C# environment setup so I can't compile the
code to check it merge correctly but as long as I get no conflicts
from the merge I shall sort those changes out for you.

ttfn

--
Martin Ritchie