Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Julian Thomas <jt...@jt-mj.net> on 2013/11/07 04:03:26 UTC

Save As gripe - OSX

If I create a new file and want to save it to a particular directory/folder, the Save As popup does not allow me to drill down into subdirectories under the ones it suggests.

This is a PITA because I have to save stuff in the best choice [ in my case ~/Documents/oodocs] and then remember to move it into the appropriate subdirectory.

Is there something I'm missing?

tnx - jt

Re: Save As gripe - OSX

Posted by Julian Thomas <jt...@jt-mj.net>.
On 6Nov  2013, at 11:03 PM, mt <mt...@lockedbags.org> wrote:

> Not sure without a screenshot - but have you tried clicking the little arrow next to the filename (in the Save As popup)?

Yes - that's the clue.  It opens a finder-like window with full navigation capability.

Thanks to those who responded here and privately - jt

Re: Save As gripe - OSX

Posted by mt <mt...@lockedbags.org>.
Not sure without a screenshot - but have you tried clicking the
little arrow next to the filename (in the Save As popup)?

The arrow toggles between different views of your filesystem -
and the expanded view allows you to navigate anywhere you like,
as well as create new folders.

Cheers,

marina