Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2008/08/20 09:59:16 UTC

[general] M8

There are a number of known test failures that we have allowed to remain
unfixed for several releases now.  I think we should create a JIRA
for M8 and add some (all?) of these issues as blockers[0] as soon as M7 is
released in order to focus some attention on these issues.

What do others think?

-Mark.

[0] Blockers in JIRA terminology but I really mean "would-like-to-fix"
since it is almost certainly unrealistic to expect all of them to be
fixed and some may slip to M9 or beyond.

Re: [general] M8

Posted by chunrong lai <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [general] M8

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Hello,
I support the idea. BTW, could anyone point to one of the easiest
blocker issues so I could attract my summer school student's attention
to it?

Thanks!

--
With best regards,
Alexei

Re: [general] M8

Posted by Jim Yu <ju...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [general] M8

Posted by Sian January <si...@googlemail.com>.
+1

Re: [general] M8

Posted by Xiao-Feng Li <xi...@gmail.com>.
Good idea. Probably we can just mark those individual JIRA issues as
blocker? So that can achieve the same effect while keeping more open?

Thanks,
xiaofeng

http://xiao-feng.blogspot.com

Re: [general] M8

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.
In message <3b...@mail.gmail.com>,
"Nathan Beyer" writes:

> Agreed
>
> Can we create a task issue that is the release for M8?

Exactly.  And we should assign it a date to indicate roughly when we
would expect to begin the initial bug-fix-only freeze.

-Mark.

Re: [general] M8

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nb...@gmail.com>.
Agreed

Can we create a task issue that is the release for M8?

Nathan

Re: [general] M8

Posted by Sean Qiu <se...@gmail.com>.
+1

We should have a green status for our unit tests always.
I've found same problems in Java 6 branch.

2008/8/20 Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>:

> There are a number of known test failures that we have allowed to remain
> unfixed for several releases now.  I think we should create a JIRA
> for M8 and add some (all?) of these issues as blockers[0] as soon as M7 is
> released in order to focus some attention on these issues.
>
> What do others think?
>
> -Mark.
>
> [0] Blockers in JIRA terminology but I really mean "would-like-to-fix"
> since it is almost certainly unrealistic to expect all of them to be
> fixed and some may slip to M9 or beyond.

--
Best Regards
Sean, Xiao Xia Qiu

China Software Development Lab, IBM