Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by PlayerOne <lb...@akdmc.com> on 2019/02/25 02:28:39 UTC

RDP Settings/Requirements for Windows Server 2016 and above

Can anyone share their settings for RDP on Windows Server 2016 please? I've
tried all the options available NLA/TLS/RDP etc but none work for me so far.

Thanks

Re: RDP Settings/Requirements for Windows Server 2016 and above

Posted by PlayerOne <lb...@akdmc.com>.
How does that work for multiple users using a single connection? only one set
of credentials can be stored.

Re: RDP Settings/Requirements for Windows Server 2016 and above

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 8:12 PM PlayerOne <lb...@akdmc.com> wrote:

> It looks as though I have to disable the setting in Windows RDP settings
> that
> forces NLA only, then I can get TLS with ignore server cert working. I can
> push out a group policy to disable the settings, but I'd rather get NLA
> working if possible.
>
> Are there any recommendations to getting NLA working?

I use NLA routinely with Guacamole with no issues.  I do have to use
Connection Parameters to pass through the username and password so that I
don't have to store them directly in the database:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#parameter-tokens

-Nick

Re: RDP Settings/Requirements for Windows Server 2016 and above

Posted by drhy <dy...@huntergroup.co.nz>.
Hi PlayerOne,

same for me - TLS and ignore server cert works - on both Server 2016 and
Server 2019.

Excuse the probably obvious questions - can you RDP connect directly to the
server from a Windows PC ? Save the working RDP setting in a .RDP file then
open the file in Notepad to check your settings in detail. Check the
server's settings: Control Panel, System, Remote Settings.
Make sure "Allow Remote connections.." is selected and "...Network Level
Authentication..." is *not* checked/ticked. (Its just that I haven't tested
NLA connections from Guacamole.)

-David

Re: RDP Settings/Requirements for Windows Server 2016 and above

Posted by Zer0Cool <me...@gmail.com>.
For me TLS and ignore server cert works. Might be different for you.