Posted to user@spark.apache.org by prosp4300 <pr...@163.com> on 2015/07/09 06:02:13 UTC

回复:Re: how to use DoubleRDDFunctions on mllib Vector?

Seems what Feynman mentioned is the source code instead of documentation, vectorMean is private, see
https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/v1.3.0/mllib/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/mllib/clustering/GaussianMixture.scala

At 2015-07-09 10:10:58, "诺铁" <no...@gmail.com> wrote:

thanks, I understand now.
but I can't find mllib.clustering.GaussianMixture#vectorMean   , what version of spark do you use?

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 1:16 AM, Feynman Liang <fl...@databricks.com> wrote:

A RDD[Double] is an abstraction for a large collection of doubles, possibly distributed across multiple nodes. The DoubleRDDFunctions are there for performing mean and variance calculations across this distributed dataset.

In contrast, a Vector is not distributed and fits on your local machine. You would be better off computing these quantities on the Vector directly (see mllib.clustering.GaussianMixture#vectorMean for an example of how to compute the mean of a vector).

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 8:26 PM, 诺铁 <no...@gmail.com> wrote:

hi,

there are some useful functions in DoubleRDDFunctions, which I can use if I have RDD[Double], eg, mean, variance.

Vector doesn't have such methods, how can I convert Vector to RDD[Double], or maybe better if I can call mean directly on a Vector?

Re: Re: how to use DoubleRDDFunctions on mllib Vector?

Posted by 诺铁 <no...@gmail.com>.
Ok, got it , thanks.