Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Arvind Gudipati <Ar...@PANACYA.com> on 2001/12/18 23:20:51 UTC

RE: Embedding Tomcat 4

Embedded class doesnot deploy the .war files dynamically. You have to add
contexts to the embedded tomcat manually.

I was having the same trouble initially until i started debugging and
realised that there are some configuration issues that also cause other
problems.
The regular Bootstrap class which starts up Tomcat loads the classes for
you, however you need to work that out too when you are using the Embedded
class.

Arvind

Posted by Christian Bongiorno <bo...@ensco.com>.
I have embedded TC 4 into my JBuilder IDE and I have to believe it is the
exact same thing for your situation

the class with main is org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap

// java commandline
java -classpath
$CLASSPATH:/home/tomcat/bin/bootstrap.jar -Dcatalina.base=/home/tomcat -Dcat
alina.home=/home/tomcat org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap

or Call this from your app.

System.getProperties().put("catalina.base"."/home/tomcat");
System.getProperties().put("catalina.home"."/home/tomcat");

org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(new String[] {"start"});

That's it!