Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Girish Bhakta <g_...@yahoo.com> on 2003/02/07 20:36:15 UTC

Running cocoon2.0.4 on weblogic7.0 with JSPs

Hi,
i am facing problems with respect to JSPs of Cocoon on
Weblogic 7.0 . I have successfully setup the Cocoon
2.0.4 on weblogic 7.0 and can see all the samples
running but it gives folloing error when trying to run
the hello jsp page of cocoon sample.

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception
JspGenerator.generate(): java.lang.ClassCastException:
weblogic.utils.classloaders.ChangeAwareClassLoader

I have setup the classpath to have xml-apis,xalan
parsers in the beginning.
Anybody facing the same problem?R there any
alternatives ?

GB.

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Re: Running cocoon2.0.4 on weblogic7.0 with JSPs

Posted by Konstantin Piroumian <kp...@apache.org>.
From: "Girish Bhakta" <g_...@yahoo.com>

> Hi,
> i am facing problems with respect to JSPs of Cocoon on
> Weblogic 7.0 . I have successfully setup the Cocoon
> 2.0.4 on weblogic 7.0 and can see all the samples
> running but it gives folloing error when trying to run
> the hello jsp page of cocoon sample.
>
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception
> JspGenerator.generate(): java.lang.ClassCastException:
> weblogic.utils.classloaders.ChangeAwareClassLoader

This happens because JSP engine in Cocoon uses container specific classes
and it should be customized for each server (It is setup for Tomcat by
default). Basically, you should specify the servlet that will handle JSP
requests in cocoon.xconf. Search for <jsp-engine> in WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf
and read comments. You should also try to modify the cocoon.roles (it's in
cocoon.jar: org/apache/cocoon/ package) to use another JSP engine class.

But there were known problems with WebLogic 6 and higher because of the
changes in their Http API implementation. You can try to use the Request
dispatcher include version (it's somewhere in
src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/jsp/).

-- Konstantin