Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Jian Wang <jw...@kana.com> on 2005/06/13 19:50:03 UTC

How to register JSR168 portlets without going through auto deployer in Jetspeed 1.6 Fusion?

Hi,

I am in the middle of upgrading our portal project to use Jetspeed 1.6
RELEASED + Fusion, it turns out one of the key features we relied upon
is missing. Under the Admin/Security tab, there used to be a link
"JSR-168 Apps" which allows the user to add JSR-168 compliant portlets
to the portal. In Jetspeed 1.6 RELEASE + Fusion, that link is removed.
After searching through the code base, I found the relevant classes such
as "RegisterPortletApplicationAction.java", the fusion.xreg and relevant
.vm files were deleted on April 03, 2005 in CVS. Could someone explain
why was that feature taken out? Is there any way to deploy JSR-168
compliant portlets without going through auto deployer? We have a strong
business need to deliver the portal with pre-registered JSR-168
portlets, any suggestions on how to achieve this goal?

By the way, does the auto deployer work well on WebSphere and WebLogic?
On Tomcat, I noticed it would automatically explode the portletXXX.war
under the webapps/ directory. How does it behave under WAS/WL? Any help
would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Jian