Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Brad O'Hearne <br...@neurofire.com> on 2001/04/17 19:08:25 UTC

Bug in Char validation test, possibly CDATA

Hey all,

I using a SAX2 parser to try to parse the following XML, and it is giving me
a FatalError in parsing that

The element type "JobDescription" must be terminated by the matching end-tag
"</JobDescription>".:

I have shown the full stack trace below the XML doc.  Now if you look at the
JobDescription element, I tried another test, removing the '�' characters,
and the parsing worked.  I just checked the specification, and the '&'
character falls into the Char legal character set.  It appears that this is
a bug, either in Char testing, and/or in the CDATA section parsing.  Can
someone confirm this?  Any help is *greatly* appreciated on this one, as
this is an urgent one...(hopefully I am missing something simple).  I have
also attached the xml and dtd files.

Thanks much!

BradO

XML doc:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE JobFeed SYSTEM "JobFeed.dtd">
<JobFeed FeedSourceCode="ORL" FeedCreationDate="04/16/2001">
<CompleteFeed>
<JobAdTRX-Save JobAdCode="10327757">
   <PublicationDate>04/01/2001</PublicationDate>
   <ExpirationDate>04/28/2001</ExpirationDate>
   <CompanyCode>162474</CompanyCode>
   <CompanyName/>
   <ContactEmail/>
   <ApplyURL/>
   <OriginalURL/>
   <JobType/>
   <AnnualSalary/>
   <JobTitle><![CDATA[]]></JobTitle>

<SearchDescription>DRIVERSLABORERSCHECKERS?ForCoinPortEvergladesGoodW</Searc
hDescription>
   <JobDescription><![CDATA[DRIVERS/LABORERS &amp; CHECKERS - For Co in Port
Everglades. Good Wages, Benefits &amp; 401K. CALL ��954-764-8988
�� ]]></JobDescription>
   <JobDestinationList>
      <JobDestination>
         <DestinationCode/>
      </JobDestination>
   </JobDestinationList>
   <JobCategoryAliasList><![CDATA[DRIVERS/LABORERS &amp;
CHECKERS - ]]></JobCategoryAliasList>
   <JobLocationList>
      <JobLocation>
         <DomesticLocation>
            <RegionCode/>
            <Address1/>
            <Address2/>
            <City/>
            <StateProvince/>
            <PostalCode/>
            <Country/>
         </DomesticLocation>
      </JobLocation>
   </JobLocationList>
</JobAdTRX-Save>
</CompleteFeed>
</JobFeed>

Stack trace:

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The element type "JobDescription" must be
terminated by the matching end-tag "</JobDescription>".
	at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:969)
	at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.reportFatalXMLError(XMLDocume
ntScanner.java:634)
	at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.abortMarkup(XMLDocumentScanne
r.java:683)
	at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$ContentDispatcher.dispatch(XM
LDocumentScanner.java:1187)
	at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentScanner.
java:380)
	at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:861)

RE: Bug in Char validation test, possibly CDATA

Posted by Brad O'Hearne <br...@neurofire.com>.
Please disregard this email...I don't know why it was sent twice.  The
problem is already solved thanks to Curt Arnold.  Thanks again Curt!

BradO