Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2005/05/07 17:53:05 UTC

[release] Hurray release candidates for ApacheDS 0.9 are here!

Peoples,

Let's push this fast because I can feel new features and 0.9.1 to go out
the door right away.  As you all know this release took some time
because we wanted to get our act together on the website.  This is key
since its the first time we are releasing out of the incubator.  I have
gotten feedback by several of you on how nice the site has come.  Thanks
much for that.

Now its time to look through this feature releae.  Remember it need not
be absolutely perfect since its not a stable branch.  Now with the site
behind us we are going to release more frequently as we add new features
on 0.9.

I ask you all quickly take look at these distros, kick the tires and let
me know what your verdict is for releasing 0.9.  I'd like to get this
out the door asap before the week begins.  Here are the distro bundles:

http://people.apache.org/~akarasulu/dist/

Source Distros:
 o http://people.apache.org/~akarasulu/dist/apacheds-0.9-SNAPSHOT-src.zip
 o http://people.apache.org/~akarasulu/dist/apacheds-0.9-SNAPSHOT-src.tar.gz

Binary Distros:
 o http://people.apache.org/~akarasulu/dist/apacheds-0.9-SNAPSHOT.zip
 o http://people.apache.org/~akarasulu/dist/apacheds-0.9-SNAPSHOT.tar.gz

Thanks!
Alex

Re: [release] Hurray release candidates for ApacheDS 0.9 are here!

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

The distribution looks good.  +1 for releasing 0.9!

Trustin

2005/5/8, Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>:
<snip/>
http://gleamynode.net/

Re: [release] Hurray release candidates for ApacheDS 0.9 are here!

Posted by Jim Yang <ji...@safehaus.org>.
Distro looks good!

+1

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

>>>I ask you all quickly take look at these distros, kick the tires and
>>>

>>let me know what your verdict is for releasing 0.9. I'd like to get this
>>out the door asap before the week begins. Here are the distro bundles:
>>

>Definitively +1 !
>
>It works, and it works well enough to deserve a release !
>
>4715 search requests / min, not too bad, isn't it ?

I wonder what it will be when we add the ASN.1 library you're revamping
(8x improvemnet over existing one as you told me last time).

Ok looks like most people have spoken.  I'm going to cut this
experimental release then.  BTW note that 0.10 will be next stable, 0.11
is next experimental.   However I expect a fast train of 0.9.x releases
now that site issues are mostly settled.

Cheers,

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
> > I ask you all quickly take look at these distros, kick the tires and
> let me know what your verdict is for releasing 0.9. I'd like to get this
> out the door asap before the week begins. Here are the distro bundles:

Definitively +1 !

It works, and it works well enough to deserve a release !

4715 search requests / min, not too bad, isn't it ?

Emmanuel Lécharny

Re: [release] Hurray release candidates for ApacheDS 0.9 are here!

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Brett Porter wrote:

>+1 to the plan. Definitely would help with getting more people involved,
>and even if not perfect the indication is 0.9 is better than 0.8.

Ok 0.9 is done, out the door and released.  I especially want to thank
Brett who just now helped me sign these distros, Trustin for rushing
with MINA docs and Enrique for doing the same on the Kerberos side.  A
job well done guys.  These distributions should replicate to mirrors and
be in the usual expected places *AS WELL* on
http://cvs.apache.org/dists/directory.  This is both for the binary and
the source distributions.

Thanks to all that helped make this one happen.  Other releases
afterwords should be a little painless :).

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Re: [release] Hurray release candidates for ApacheDS 0.9 are here!

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <er...@apache.org>.
Hi,

The distribution looks good.  +1 for releasing 0.9!

-enrique

Alex Karasulu wrote:
<snip/>

Re: [release] Hurray release candidates for ApacheDS 0.9 are here!

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <ad...@toolazydogs.com>.
Alex Karasulu wrote:

> Let's push this fast because I can feel new features and 0.9.1 to go
> out the door right away.

+1, looks good to me.

Regards,
Alan

Re: [release] Hurray release candidates for ApacheDS 0.9 are here!

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 2005-05-07 at 11:53 -0400, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Peoples,
> I ask you all quickly take look at these distros, kick the tires and let
> me know what your verdict is for releasing 0.9.  I'd like to get this
> out the door asap before the week begins.

I didn't had time to check the distro, gonna do it on sunday.
So +0 until I have tested it !

RE: [release] Hurray release candidates for ApacheDS 0.9 are here!

Posted by Adison Wongkar <ad...@mail.utexas.edu>.
Hi all,

It looks good for me. +1 for releasing 0.9.

Adison

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Wow this is looking good fast.  Let's leave this open until Sunday
evening EST for other folks.  I'll remove the SNAPSHOT from the revsion,
tag apacheds and then deploy the 0.9 source/binary distros into the
right place.

Posted by Endi Sukma Dewata <en...@vergenet.com>.
+1

Looks good to me!