Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Torsten Römer <to...@luniks.net> on 2021/04/03 21:24:28 UTC

12.4 Beta 1: "Compile on Save" available without nb-javac?

Hello,

I've just created this issue concerning nb-javac "Compile on Save":
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-5539

Testing with 12.4 Beta 1, I noticed that "Compile on Save" can be
enabled without having nb-javac installed, and when running a test or
debugging, there is a message:

Running NetBeans Compile On Save execution. Phase execution is skipped
and output directories of dependency projects (with Compile on Save
turned on) will be used instead of their jar artifacts.

And actually, compile on save appears to work just fine.

Is this a new feature starting to be available from 12.4?

If yes, I think it's great because the issues with nb-javac are avoided,
"Background scanning of projects..." takes a lot less time and "Compile
on Save" is available anyway.

Cheers,
Torsten

Re: 12.4 Beta 1: "Compile on Save" available without nb-javac?

Posted by Torsten Römer <to...@luniks.net>.
It is a new feature: Compile on Save support for vanilla javac.
<https://github.com/apache/netbeans/commit/46c1794125d317f190cd4fdc0309ad67c166faf0>

Which is really great.