Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Mike Holodnak <li...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/14 18:53:57 UTC

PDF/X profile

I've read the documentation posted on the FOP website regarding PDF/X profile
validation.

My problem is that I have no idea what some of the error messages mean,
specifically:

PDF/X-3:2003 does not allow Actions.

What is an action?

Overall, is there some list of these error messages that tells me what I need to
fix?

Regards,

Mike

Re: PDF/X profile

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.
On May 14, 2008, at 18:53, Mike Holodnak wrote:

Hi

> My problem is that I have no idea what some of the error messages
> mean,
> specifically:
>
> PDF/X-3:2003 does not allow Actions.
>
> What is an action?

An 'action' in PDF is an object that describes an instruction for the
viewer application.
FOP generates those for things like basic-links pointing to PDF
destinations. Maybe you have a few of those in the document?

> Overall, is there some list of these error messages that tells me
> what I need to
> fix?

Apart from what's published on the site, not to my knowledge, but
you're always free to ask here.

Cheers

Andreas