Posted to users@camel.apache.org by diwakar <di...@nsn.com> on 2011/09/30 20:31:13 UTC

Re: Thread pool for components in Camel

Hi,

          Thanks for the reply. With async and defaultThreadPoolProfile, is
Camel support for parallel processing as good as Servicemix 3.x. Are there
any known limitations in Camel over JBI(Servicemix3.x). Is there any good
reason to use Servicemix JBI instead of Camel.
          Please let me know your comment.

With Best Regards,
Diwakar

Re: Thread pool for components in Camel

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 8:31 PM, diwakar <di...@nsn.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>          Thanks for the reply. With async and defaultThreadPoolProfile, is
> Camel support for parallel processing as good as Servicemix 3.x. Are there
> any known limitations in Camel over JBI(Servicemix3.x). Is there any good
> reason to use Servicemix JBI instead of Camel.
>          Please let me know your comment.

No JBI is dying/dead.
http://gnodet.blogspot.com/2010/12/thoughts-about-servicemix.html

For new projects you should consider *not* to use JBI, unless you are
already use JBI a lot,
and are happy with it as is.

We recommend to use Camel as replacement for JBI in SMX.

> With Best Regards,
> Diwakar

Claus Ibsen
FuseSource